@ 233.2 kg   Lymphoedema   @ 207.7 kg

Every day challenges of my life, physically, mentally & emotionally.
About my family, pets, weight loss & exercise plus becoming healthier & managing my lymphoedema & other medical problems.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sat 16th Feb 2013

Slept pretty well last night which was great, I kept waking up, but managed to re adjust my legs and fall back to sleep again pretty quickly which meant I probably had around 5 - 6 hours without having to get up.

And even though I am back to taking two Endone tablets every 6 hours, I don't feel as dopey as I did couple days ago plus the leg pain is more controlled so win win for me right now.

Today I felt well enough to get up and have a really long shower, washing my hair and generally taking care of myself a bit better today and the whole shower thing might sound so simple and everyday routine to everyone but for me, well that's a whole story in itself but I won't bore you suffice to say its a challenge that has often beaten me but not today, one to me, zero to lymphoedema!

Today's photo challenge was "perfect" and I really struggled with this, perfection is such an elusive item to portray, by very definition of the word itself, to strive for perfection is a goal that is almost unattainable but I found a quote by the famous actor John Wayne and I combined it with a gorgeous photo I took a while ago of the most gorgeous sunset and the perfection aspect was the story behind the taking of the photo, I had been unable to fit in the car because of my legs for so long that I was becoming dangerously depressed and one day after being sick with cellulitis / lymphoedema yet again, Toni persuaded me to try and see if I could fit in the car yet and lo and behold I could this one evening, so she drove us around just nowhere in particular and as we were driving along, I saw this most beautiful sunset ahead of us and I was able to take some gorgeous pictures that embodied how happy how "perfect" this time out was for me.

One win for me, zero for lymphoedema!



feel free to pop on by if you are using Instagram



4 comments:

  1. Perfect combination, Quote, photo, and story behind it.

    Love the sunset. Moments lie that make precious memories.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you won :)
    enjoy your day luv the sunset

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your perfection quote! Just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love...yep perfection :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Instagram

Readers